FidoNet Echomail Archive
synchronet

From: Denn
To: HusTler
Date: 2019-05-29 00:00:22
Subject: Webv4

  Re: Webv4
  By: HusTler to All on Tue May 28 2019 04:33 pm

 Hu> What directory do I put background images in to use on the website??
 Hu> sbbs/webv4/???? I created a custom.css in sbbs/webv4/root/css. Is this the
 Hu> right tag if the name of the background is "background.jpg"??

I actually made a tutorial on this on outwestbbs.com bulletin 7

 Ok here is how to mod your webv4 in synchronet 3.17
in your sbbs\webv4\root\css directory open or create a file
called custom.css in plain text format.

if you just want to change the background color put this line in your
custom.css

          body {
          background-color: black;
          }

          you can change black to any html color green, red, blue, yellow etc..
          or you can use a HEX color ie.. #1e88e5  #00c853  #546e7a
          here is a good website to find HEX colors https://htmlcolors.com/

          or you can add a background picture as well below is an example

          body {
          background-image:
url("http://yourbbs.com/pics/background.jpg";);
          }

          in sbbs\webv4\root create a folder any name you want to store your
backgrounds. example sbbs\webv4\root\pics

hope this helps

---
  Synchronet  outwestbbs.com - the Outwest BBS
 * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
SEEN-BY: 103/705 154/10 203/0 218/700 221/0 1 6 360 229/426 240/5832 280/464
SEEN-BY: 280/5003 320/219 396/45 423/120 633/0 267 280 281 384 410 412 509
SEEN-BY: 640/1321 1384 712/848 770/1 2452/250 3634/12
@PATH: 103/705 280/464 221/1 640/1384 633/280 267