From: Anlatt the Builder
To: spartakus
Date: 2007-03-30 23:34:32
Subject: Re: ARTIST WANTS PUBLIC TO EAT JESUS FIGURE

From: "Anlatt the Builder" <tirhuan{at}aol.com>

On Mar 30, 7:38 pm, sparta...{at}my-deja.com wrote:
> "J Young" <youngopini...{at}aol.com> wrote:
> >http://catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_1/070329_artist_wa...
>
> > The Catholic League has learned that artist Cosimo Cavallaro has
> > invited the public to show up at midnight on April 1 to take a bite
> > of his 6-foot tall chocolate sculpture of a crucified Jesus with his
> > genitals exposed; it is scheduled to be shown during Holy Week,
> > from April 1 to April 7.
>
> > Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented as follows:
>
>      "Just imagine if a white guy is performing oral sex on
>       a statue of Martin Luther King with an erection. Do you
>       need to see it to know it's ugly?"
>
> Cross-posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, because I'm
> curious about how many Catholics feel that Bill Donohue speaks for
> them.  He is, after all, the person our so-called "liberal media" has
> designated as *the* spokesman for American Catholicism.  He's the "go-
> to" Catholic in the public eye.  How comfortable are our Catholic
> friends with this?

Bill Donohue is an angry, obsessed man who ignores the teachings of Jesus.
You know: love your enemy. Turn the other cheek. Forgive.

The "oral sex" (eating a piece of chocloate isn't oral sex), the
erection, the racial focus of the "white guy" - they all come
from his imagination. What goes on in that guy's head, anyway?

Jesus was born nude. Jesus was crucified nude. Anybody this outraged over
nudity in a piece of art has a lot of problems. Trouble is, he's taking
them out on everybody else.