From: Sound of Trumpet
To: All
Date: 2007-04-01 06:33:34
Subject: In The Liberal Future, The Church Will Be Condemned For Condemning Pedo

From: "Sound of Trumpet" <sound_of_trumpet{at}warpmail.net>

http://www.markshea.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html#3810608589515800851#38
10608589515800851

I hate being right all the time

As I have said for years, whenever the word "taboo" is
brandished, it means "We, the Manufacturers of Culture, are about to
declare opposition to some fresh perversion to be a mere bourgeois
irrational prejudice."

Next on deck: incest.

Unfortunately, atomized western culture no longer has a conception of the
common good. Therefore, the sole criterion by which all moral acts are now
judged is "Do the participants consent?" If they do, then the
larger culture can have nothing to say because that would be puritanical
suppression of a glorious forbidden love.

Sooner or later, this will have to apply, not just to incest, but to
bestiality and "man-boy" love as well. As I have repeatedly said,
the day will come when the Church is condemned, not for covering up
pedophilia, but for condemning it.

It will take some time, of course, but I fully expect the brother and
sister in this story to be hailed someday as Bold Pioneers who broke civil
rights grounds for all those whose Love Dare Not Speak its Name.