From: james g. keegan jr.
To: spartakus
Date: 2007-03-31 21:33:22
Subject: Re: ARTIST WANTS PUBLIC TO EAT JESUS FIGURE

From: "james g. keegan jr." <jgkeegan{at}gmail.com>

In article <1175388573.909115.283690{at}l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
 spartakus{at}my-deja.com wrote:

> "james g. keegan jr." <jgkee...{at}gmail.com> wrote:
> >  sparta...{at}my-deja.com wrote:
> > > "J Young" <youngopini...{at}aol.com> wrote:
>

>http://catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_1/070329_artist_wa...

Jesus with his

> > >      "Just imagine if a white guy is performing oral sex on
> > >       a statue of Martin Luther King with an erection. Do you
> > >       need to see it to know it's ugly?"
> > >
> > > Cross-posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, because I'm
> > > curious about how many Catholics feel that Bill Donohue speaks for
> > > them.  He is, after all, the person our so-called
"liberal media" has
> > > designated as *the* spokesman for American Catholicism.
He's the "go-
> > > to" Catholic in the public eye.  How comfortable are our Catholic
> > > friends with this?
>
> > i think catholics are like republicans. they close their eyes to the
> > abuses and crimes.
>
> The artist, Cosimo Cavallaro, appeared with Bill Donohue on Anderson
> Cooper last night.  Here's the transcript:
>
> http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/30/acd.01.html
>
> Cavallaro completely owned Donohue, calling him out for acting like a
> 5-year-old and calling him a bully.  Donohue's best attempts at bon
> motes were "I won and you lost" and "I have a job and
you don't".
> What an affront to Jesus this Donohue is.

i get the impression that the reason some people who call themselves
catholics support donohue is because he can do a lot of sinning (mostly
lies and misrepresentations, but also lots of hate sins) in the alleged
performance of his job. these are the same "sins" that other
catholics want to commit, but are are afraid to, unless, of course, they
can do it without getting caught.