From: spartakus
To: james g. keegan jr.
Date: 2007-03-31 17:49:32
Subject: Re: ARTIST WANTS PUBLIC TO EAT JESUS FIGURE

From: spartakus{at}my-deja.com

"james g. keegan jr." <jgkee...{at}gmail.com> wrote:
>  sparta...{at}my-deja.com wrote:
> > "J Young" <youngopini...{at}aol.com> wrote:

>http://catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_1/070329_artist_wa...
> > >
> > > The Catholic League has learned that artist Cosimo Cavallaro has
> > > invited the public to show up at midnight on April 1 to take a bite
> > > of his 6-foot tall chocolate sculpture of a crucified Jesus with his
> > > genitals exposed; it is scheduled to be shown during Holy Week,
> > > from April 1 to April 7.
> > >
> > > Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented as follows:

> >      "Just imagine if a white guy is performing oral sex on
> >       a statue of Martin Luther King with an erection. Do you
> >       need to see it to know it's ugly?"
> >
> > Cross-posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, because I'm
> > curious about how many Catholics feel that Bill Donohue speaks for
> > them.  He is, after all, the person our so-called "liberal
media" has
> > designated as *the* spokesman for American Catholicism.  He's the "go-
> > to" Catholic in the public eye.  How comfortable are our Catholic
> > friends with this?

> i think catholics are like republicans. they close their eyes to the
> abuses and crimes.

The artist, Cosimo Cavallaro, appeared with Bill Donohue on Anderson Cooper
last night.  Here's the transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/30/acd.01.html

Cavallaro completely owned Donohue, calling him out for acting like a
5-year-old and calling him a bully.  Donohue's best attempts at bon motes
were "I won and you lost" and "I have a job and you
don't". What an affront to Jesus this Donohue is.