From: james g. keegan jr.
To: spartakus
Date: 2007-04-01 11:22:44
Subject: Re: ARTIST WANTS PUBLIC TO EAT JESUS FIGURE

From: "james g. keegan jr." <jgkeegan{at}gmail.com>

In article <1175400371.747446.70850{at}y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 spartakus{at}my-deja.com wrote:

> "james g. keegan jr." <jgkee...{at}gmail.com> wrote:
> >  sparta...{at}my-deja.com wrote:
>

>http://catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_1/070329_artist_w

Cosimo Cavallaro has
April 1 to take a bite
crucified Jesus with
during Holy Week,

commented as follows:

performing oral sex on
erection. Do you

alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, because I'm
Donohue speaks for
"liberal media" has
Catholicism.  He's the
comfortable are our Catholic

their eyes to the

> > > The artist, Cosimo Cavallaro, appeared with Bill Donohue on Anderson
> > > Cooper last night.  Here's the transcript:
> > >
> > >http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/30/acd.01.html
> > >
> > > Cavallaro completely owned Donohue, calling him out for acting like a
> > > 5-year-old and calling him a bully.  Donohue's best attempts at bon
> > > motes were "I won and you lost" and "I have a
job and you don't".
> > > What an affront to Jesus this Donohue is.
>
> > i get the impression that the reason some people who call themselves
> > catholics support donohue is because he can do a lot of sinning
> > (mostly lies and misrepresentations, but also lots of hate sins) in
> > the alleged performance of his job.
>
> Ah, iow, Donohue is the id of American Catholicism.

exactly.

> > these are the same "sins" that other catholics want to commit,
> > but are are afraid to, unless, of course, they can do it without
> > getting caught.
>
> Wouldn't their omniscient god condemn vicarious sinning as well as the
> real thing?

we have only the word of man for that. plus, it's apparent that catholics
allow "sin," unless you get caught, and even then sometimes. just
consider the thousands of reported cases opf pedophilia as well as the
cover-ups.