From: bob klahn
To: CHAPELMOUSE
Date: 2007-04-02 11:40:00
Subject: Cheney: Iraq pullout

 C> All irrational prejudices are wrong and sinful, agreed.  But

 At last a post that seems to be oriented to Catholic thinking in
 a Catholic oriented forum.

 C> most of the anger of people in the Middle East is not toward
 C> Jews, but toward Israelis.

 Most of the anger toward Israelis is turned toward Israelis by
 other govts and clergy who use that prejudice to hold power and
 to develop a base for power.

 C> Israel is a state like any other
 C> state, and it follows political ends like any other state.
 C> We cannot excuse the actions of Israel on the basis of a
 C> sort of "reverse racism" which gives present-day Israelis a
 C> free pass because of what happened seventy years ago.  Not

 True.

 C> to say there isn't equal blame on the opposite side in some
 C> cases.

 Also true.

 Work for justice.

BOB KLAHN bob.klahn{at}sev.org   http://home.toltbbs.com/bobklahn

... If you want peace, work for justice. <- Pope John Paul II
 * Silver Xpress V4.5/P [Reg]
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5a
 * Origin: FidoTel & QWK on the Web! www.fidotel.com (1:275/311)