FidoNet Echomail Archive
platinum_xpress

From: Jacques Shake
To: Ken Weitzel
Date: 2004-06-26 07:25:26
Subject: RE: Nodediff processing

I should have known you'd be here. :)  I thought I had it set up correctly
until I went snooping and realized I hadn't compiled any nodediffs for quite a
few months.  I don't know when I started receiving arc'ed nodediffs but that
could be when it stopped compiling.  I went in and made some changes to the
archive commands for PXW but it doesn't seem to have helped.  I'm not smart
enough to figure out if that's my problem or if the compiler can't find the
nodediff.  Right now to process it manually, I just go in and type the command
arc -e nodediff.a77 then the compiler finds the nodediff and processes it.  It
could be that my archive set up is wrong...  I just don't know.
Jack

On Jun 26, 2004 12:05am, KEN WEITZEL wrote to JACQUES SHAKE:

  >>I'm sure I won't get any responses but I thought I'd try it anyway; for
  >>Isome
  >>reason, my nodediff isn't unarciving properly so it never gets compiled.
  >>r I
  >>have to do it all manually.  I've looked over the settings and can't
  >>hseem to
  >>figure out what I'm doing wrong.  If anyone has any pointers they would
  >>flike
  >>to share, I'd appreciate it.
  >>The nodediffs are arriving as .a77 files.
  >>Jack

 KW> I bet you get at least one response.  I win!!!

 KW> You already know the answer; you taught me. If
 KW> you can recall when I went from ViaMail to PXW
 KW> I had the same problem; we discussed it in
 KW> either netmail or email, and you came up with
 KW> the answer.  Unfortunately my ever shortening
 KW> memory can't recall what it was.

 KW> However, if your netmail and or email goes
 KW> back far enough it's in there...

 KW> Surprised, though.  I'm *sure* that when I
 KW> fed you we were dealing with .z?? files?
 KW> If they really are .a's do you have unarc
 KW> handy for pxw to find?

 KW> Ken

 KW> ---
 KW>   QMPro 1.53  ...     Insert 25 for a better tagline.

Mailto:webmaster{at}shakeyjakes.com   http://www.shakeyjakes.com

... Telnet:bbs.shakeyjakes.com          File requests: files{at}shakeyjakes.com
 * Origin: Shakey Jake's *ALL FREE BBS* Santee, CA (1:202/1324)