FidoNet Echomail Archive
locuser

From: Paul Edwards
To: Rod Speed
Date: 1997-06-06 08:52:40
Subject: National anthem

BV>> Can anyone tell me what Pauline has ever said
BV>> which is racist, or has made her a racist ?

RS> From her first speech in parliament.

RS> I believe we are in danger of being swamped by Asians.
RS> Between 1984 and 1995, 40 per cent of all migrants coming
RS> into this country were of Asian origin. They have their own
RS> culture and religion, form ghettos and do not assimilate.

Which bit is racist?

RS> Arthur Calwell was a great Australian and Labor leader, and
RS> it is a pity that there are not men of his stature sitting
RS> on the opposition benches today. Arthur Calwell said:

RS> Japan, India, Burma, Ceylon and every new African nation
RS> are fiercely anti-white and anti one another. Do we want

And is this true?  That these countries are racist against whites?

RS> or need any of these people here? I am one red-blooded
RS> Australian who says no and who speaks for 90% of Australians.

RS> I have no hesitation in echoing the words of Arthur Calwell.

It is racist, to not wish to have immigrants from those countries?  In the
same way, is it racist to allow New Zealanders open slather?  Is it racist
to choose who we let into our country?  We're not talking about treating
different people IN our country differently, we're talking about allowing
foreigners in.

BFN.  Paul.
@EOT:

---