FidoNet Echomail Archive
locuser

From: John Tserkezis
To: Paul Edwards
Date: 1997-06-06 01:32:14
Subject: The Wog is Wired

  -=> Quoting Paul Edwards to John Tserkezis <=-

Hello Paul,

 PE>> My electricity bill is something like $200/qtr, the optus stuff is about
 PE>> $120/qtr.

 JT> I fail to see the significance of that statement, unless you mean your TV
 JT> and audio system alone takes $200/qtr worth of electricity.  Your audio
 JT> amp must dim the lights when you turn it on.  Don't tell me, the
 JT> electricity people call you up during peak usage periods and ask "Excuse
 JT> me Mr Edwards, would you mind turning your audio system off for the next
 JT> 8.3 hours?  We need the extra power"

 PE> The significance is - why go to all this effort to save on the Cable
 PE> TV bill, when you've put up with the electricity bill without doing
 PE> anything about it, for donkey's years?  BFN.  Paul.

 It is the prestige of the thing.  "I have FREE cable, I have FREE this, I have
FREE that..."
 Free electricity doesn't have the appeal of free cable tv.  What does free
electriciy give you, compared with what does free cable tv give you...

John Tserkezis, Sydney, Oz. Fidonet: 3:712/610  Internet: jt{at}suburbia.com.au

... Psychic convention cancelled due to unforeseen problems.....
---
 * Origin: Technician Syndrome (3:712/610)
SEEN-BY: 711/934 712/610
@PATH: 712/610 711/934