FidoNet Echomail Archive
java_language

From: Gerrit Kuehn
To: Janis Kracht
Date: 2004-05-14 07:03:20
Subject: SWT FileDialog

Hello Janis!

13 May 04 16:49, Janis Kracht wrote to Gerrit Kuehn:

> [...]
"*.spe; *.SPE", "*.*"

 >>> Is the ; after .spe a typo?  I've placed a carot (^) below the
 >>> semi-colon, above.

 >> No, but it doesn't work without it, either. :)

 JK> Ok :)

Well, I don't know if that's ok, but that's the way it is here. :-)

 >> Actually I would expect a box with a dropdown menu containing the
 >> strings in the array above. But there is no such thing.
 >> Does this thing work for you in any way, so you could possibly post
 >> some code here that is known to work?

 JK> Ron has used this, and says it works.. maybe later tonight I can
 JK> swipe some of his code, and show it to you <bg>.  I'm not sure how
 JK> long ago he used it though, but I'll see what I can find.

That would be great.
I found one snippet using this via Google yesterday which showed the same
behaviour as my own code: there simply is nothing filtered. Meanwhile I
think there is something else I'm missing, though I cannot imagine what
that should be.

Regards,
Gerrit

--- Msged/BSD 6.0.0
 * Origin: All carefully conceived (2:246/4020)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270
@PATH: 246/4020 2411/413 2432/200 774/605 123/500 106/2000 633/267