FidoNet Echomail Archive
java_language

From: Gerrit Kuehn
To: Bo Simonsen
Date: 2004-06-12 10:26:32
Subject: Fidonet software in Java

Hello Bo!

11 Jun 04 23:08, Bo Simonsen wrote to Gerrit Kuehn:

 GK>> Most FTN software is old and started in times when Java wasn't even
 GK>> invented or at least wasn't that popular.
 GK>> However, there is Jesper Sörensen and his Gleipner project...

 BS> Yes, it's just a Editor right?

Well, an editor running on a database that is holding the mails afaicr.

 BS> On my Fido sql project which I haven't forgotten yet, but it's just
 BS> ideling, I just need a message editor, and I don't want to write one
 BS> from strach, because I'm not good at ncurses nor gtk, but I can write
 BS> in it, but I'm not good.

There are several editors around. Maybe you can use or extend Emacs/Gnus?

 BS> And anyhow I don't like programming that stuff..
 BS> BTW Is the source public for that?

Gleipner? Well, I think Jesper wanted to make it OS when it's ready. Maybe
it's ask-ware? :-)

Regards,
Gerrit

--- Msged/BSD 6.0.0
 * Origin: We're telling tales of communication (2:246/4020)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270
@PATH: 246/4020 2411/413 2432/200 774/605 123/500 106/2000 633/267