FidoNet Echomail Archive
java_language

From: Bo Simonsen
To: Gerrit Kuehn
Date: 2004-06-21 15:04:02
Subject: Fidonet software in Java

Hello Gerrit!

Saturday June 12 2004 10:26, you wrote to me:

 GK>>> Most FTN software is old and started in times when Java wasn't
 GK>>> even invented or at least wasn't that popular. However, there is
 GK>>> Jesper S”rensen and his Gleipner project...

 BS>> Yes, it's just a Editor right?

 GK> Well, an editor running on a database that is holding the mails
 GK> afaicr.

Wow! Just what I need! :)

 BS>> On my Fido sql project which I haven't forgotten yet, but it's
 BS>> just ideling, I just need a message editor, and I don't want to
 BS>> write one from strach, because I'm not good at ncurses nor gtk,
 BS>> but I can write in it, but I'm not good.

 GK> There are several editors around. Maybe you can use or extend
 GK> Emacs/Gnus?

That would be a good idea.. But it'snt it written in lisp or such language?

Petko Bossakov (The meltdown bbs author - http://meltdown-bbs.sf.net), is
doing support for the software I've wrote at the time, in the meantime I'm
doing somekind of a textbased BBS.. There is progress. :)

 BS>> And anyhow I don't like programming that stuff..
 BS>> BTW Is the source public for that?

 GK> Gleipner? Well, I think Jesper wanted to make it OS when it's ready.
 GK> Maybe it's ask-ware? :-)

He's my hub's hub, so I've seen some messages from him where he's using
gleipner. Maybe I should send him a netmail ..

Bo

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-31012
 * Origin: =====> The Night Express <===== (2:236/100)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270