From: Stephen Hayes
To: All
Date: 2005-07-31 02:03:22
Subject: Family scandals

* Originally from Roy Stockdill (8:8/2003) to All.
* Original dated: Fri Jul 29, 00:53

From: roy{at}stockdill.com ("Roy Stockdill")

> From:          "Hugh Watkins" <hugh.watkins{at}gmail.com>

> "Michael" has told me off list that there is a family feud or scandal
> which the local genealogist will not share with him
>
> I have told him to ignore the bully or seek appropriate counselling>

Perhaps this might be an appropriate point at which to mention that
the latest (August) issue of Practical Family History contains a
two-page article on counselling for genealogists under the heading
"Dealing with Unwelcome Discoveries".

This is fairly scathing about the recent somewhat ludicrous story in
the D Telegraph that family historians might need counselling to deal
with the trauma of finding their great-grandparents weren't married.

Offhand, I forget the writer's name <v.b.g.>.

Roy Stockdill
Web page of the Guild of One-Name Studies:- www.one-name.org
Newbies' Guide to Genealogy & Family History:- www.genuki.org.uk/gs/Newbie.html

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about,
and that is not being talked about."

Oscar Wilde

___ NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2
 - Origin: RootsWeb.com (8:8/2003)