From: Frank Vest
To: Hedley Hunnisett
Date: 1995-12-06 20:51:18
Subject: Cumberland

On (06 Dec 02) Hedley Hunnisett wrote to Dorothy Denn...

Hello Hedley,

 HH> Dorothy Denn wrote, from deep in the heart of Surrey:

 DD> . . . are you looking in any of the Internet genealogy sites to help
 DD> you trace . . .

 HH> Any particular sites you would care to recommend?  I used to be on an
 HH> Internet newsgroup, but got fed up with wading through hundreds of
 HH> messages, many of them giving incorrect and misleading 'information'
 HH> from people who clearly imagined themselves to be experts.

I don't know if these will be of use to you, but:

http://www.familysearch.org/
http://www.censusfinder.com/
http://interment.net/
http://www.accessgenealogy.com/
http://daddezio.com/records/
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/ussearch.htm
http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/library/odessa.html
http://www.rootsweb.com/

Admittedly, many of these may be USA interests more than other
countries, but they may give some starts. :-)

Regards,

Frank

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/flv
http://biseonline.com/r19

... What you see is what you get, so keep your eyes open.

--- PPoint 3.01
 * Origin: Holy Cow! I'm A Point!! (1:124/6308.1)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270
@PATH: 124/6308 5025 106/2000 1 379/1 633/267