From: Stephen Hayes
To: All
Date: 2003-11-06 06:58:12
Subject: Re: Excerpts from Irish newspapers

* Originally from Dennis Ahern (8:8/2002) to All.
* Original dated: Mon Nov 03, 17:23

From: Dennis Ahern <ahern{at}world.std.com>

JJupar <jjupar{at}aol.com> wrote:

: I only readthe list sporadically but I must tell you that I have enjoyed
: most of your exerts from Irish Newspapers.

: Have you put these collectively anywhere or are they split into the
: different sites that you name.

All of what I post on Usenet in the way of newspaper excerpts can be found
on the Ireland Newspaper Abstracts website, where they are searchable and
where I am one of several contributors.

If the items are of a nautical interest, they can also be found on the
Immigrant Ship Transcribers Guild website as well as on the shipslist
email.  If they are obituaries, or any other mention of death, by
accident, shipwreck, homicide, etc., they are also mailed to the Irish
Obituaries list and indexed on the TIARA website.

The newspaper stories copied to the soc.genealogy.britain news group are
only a subset of the articles posted. Many more stories that refer only to
events or person in Ireland can be found at soc.genealogy.ireland, which
is also archives and searchable on google.  If it's news of someone or
someplace in Britain, or news from some other country that is of general
interest, it's copied to soc.genealogy.britain.

See:   Search Engine for Genealogy Newsgroups
   http://www.rat.de/kuijsten/usenet_search/

   Ireland Newspaper Abstracts
   http://www.IrelandOldNews.com

   Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild, Irish Maritime News
   http://immigrantships.net/newsarticles/newsarticles.html

   TIARA Index of Irish Obituaries
     http://tiara.ie/obframe.htm

   http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/GENIRE/
   Archive of GENIRE-L list

   http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/IRL/IRELAND-OBITS.html
   Irish Obituraies Mailing List

   http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/other/Immigration/TheShipsList.html
   The Ships List

These, and other useful links, can be reached from the TIARA web site.
Dennis Ahern             |     The Irish Ancestral Research Association
Acton, Massachusetts     |     Dept. W, P.O. Box 619, Sudbury, MA 01776
ahern{at}world.std.com      |     http://www.tiara.ie
 - Origin: The World, Public Access Internet, Brookline, MA (8:8/2002)

@PATH: 7106/20 22 7102/1 140/1 106/2000 633/267