From: Hedley Hunnisett
To: Stephen Hayes
Date: 2002-12-10 22:49:56
Subject: Cumberland

In message 248 in area European Genealogy Echo Stephen Hayes wrote:
 SH> They were mostly from the Whitehaven area, though further back there
 SH> was a LITTLE family from Bolton.

For what it's worth, the public library in Whitehaven has a surname index
of the (I think) early Cumbrian Times.  I found quite a few 'Hunnisett'
entries; George Honneysett (6) was playing on a pile of timber in
Maryport Docks in October 1879 when it collapsed, killing him.

His parents, Richard Honneysett, merchant seaman, and Isabella (nee Young)
had twelve children between 1873 and 1891.  The local paper had recorded
the deaths of nine of them by 1903.  A sad reflection on the fragility of
life in that period.

--
Hedley Hunnisett of Wigston Magna, Leicestershire.
Using British RISC technology with StrongARM power!