From: Dorothy Denn
To: Frank Vest
Date: 2002-12-15 07:58:58
Subject: Cumberland

         Date:  06-Dec-02

Hello Frank,

 HH>> Any particular sites you would care to recommend? I used to
 HH>> be on an Internet newsgroup, but got fed up with wading through
 HH>> hundreds of messages, many of them giving incorrect and misleading
 HH>> 'information' from people who clearly imagined themselves to be
 HH>> experts.

 FV> I don't know if these will be of use to you, but:

 FV> http://www.familysearch.org/ http://www.censusfinder.com/
 FV> http://interment.net/ http://www.accessgenealogy.com/
 FV> http://daddezio.com/records/
 FV> http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/ussearch.htm
 FV> http://pixel.cs.vt.edu/library/odessa.html http://www.rootsweb.com/
 FV> Admittedly, many of these may be USA interests more than other
 FV> countries, but they may give some starts. :-)

Personally I have used Familysearch, then if you are looking for British
ancestors, Rootsweb runs a site call FreeBMD.  Also Rootsweb runs a site
of nearly every county in Britain and nearly every country in the world.
They are full of helpful people who might do look-ups for you, might
even be researching the same name as you are.  I belong to the Bucks,
Berks, Herts, Cumberland and 2 x Australian Groups, and everyone helps
everyone else if they can.

Have fun.

Regards.

Dotty

 E Mail: dodee{at}witty.com

--- Terminate 5.00/Pro - Have a Nice Day:-)
 * Origin: .E - Pointing with perseverance (2:250/501.10)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270
@PATH: 250/501 140/1 106/2000 1 379/1 633/267