From: Stephen Hayes
To: All
Date: 2005-03-04 06:29:56
Subject: Genealogy Survey Invitation for Ph D student

* Originally from John Chalmers (8:8/2003) to All.
* Original dated: Fri Mar 04, 00:40

From: john{at}dgnscrn.demon.co.uk (John Chalmers)

I am forwarding this on, having found it on another newsgroup - and
completed the survey.

I am an amateur genealogist and PhD candidate with Curtin University of
Technology in Australia, currently researching the use of the Internet for
genealogy by people in USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the UK, for
my PhD thesis.

As a result, I am writing to you as Hon. Secretary of your organisation to
seek help in inviting your individual members to participate in the study.
The privacy of your members is paramount however, therefore I ask: would you
consider forwarding an e-mail invitation about the survey to your member
e-mail list on my behalf?

The survey (and information sheet) is available and ready for participation
until 10 April 2005 at http://igcs.survey.curtin.edu.au.

Should you pass on the details of the survey to your members, I would love
to hear from you via reply to this email, or to my academic e-mail at
k.veale{at}student.curtin.edu.au.

--
John Gibson Chalmers - john{at}dgnscrn.demon.co.uk
    ... also at john.chalmers{at}us.abb.com

___ BBBS/NT v4.01 Flag-5