From: Stephen Hayes
To: All
Date: 2005-03-06 06:14:30
Subject: URGENT WARNING OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY

* Originally from Barry & Iris McCanna (8:8/2003) to All.
* Original dated: Wed Mar 02, 17:42

From: "Barry & Iris McCanna" <beti.mccanna{at}wanadoo.fr>

Dear All,

I thought I should alert everyone who might have used Research UK in the
past to purchase certificates, etc.     I have just discovered that #50.00
has just been taken from my bank account by Research UK in St. Leonards.  I
have not dealt with them for at least two years.

Through searching we have discovered that Research UK was sold to Ancestor
Detectives based in Hainault, Essex about two weeks ago.   We have spoken
them and they say they have received a number of telephone calls from
people who have had money removed from their bank accounts, and that it is
causing them enormous problems.  They have put it in the hands of Sussex
Police. We have just been talking to the Fraud Office at Sussex Police
ourselves, who are instigating a crime investigation. Should anyone need
it, the number for Sussex Police is:  0845.6070999.  They were extremely
helpful.

My advice to anyone who dealt with Research UK is to check their bank
accounts as obviously this is very serious indeed.

Regards
Iris McCanna

___ BBBS/NT v4.01 Flag-5
 - Origin: FamilyNet Sponsored by http://www.christian-wellness.net (8:8/2003)