FidoNet Echomail Archive
comm

From: Bill Burton
To: Andy Ball
Date: 2012-12-29 15:48:06
Subject: Telnet clients

Andy Ball wrote in a message to Bill Burton:

 AB> Hello Bill,

   BB> You can install Mozilla Firefox on any machine
     > reguardless of OS and download one of two or three
     > telnet add ons. then you can telnet from the browser
     > ( telnet://xxx.xxxxxx.xxx ). It works great and looks
     > a lot better than other telnet clients.

 AB>     Is this advice intended for users of MS Windows?
 AB> Certainly on unix and Linux systems I would expect the stock telnet
 AB> program running inside something like an xterm to suffice and
 AB> probably even work better than a browser plug
 AB> -in.

I am running Firefox with the plugin on a Ubuntu box and get a better
cleaner screen presentation than with the linux clients!

Later,
Bill
           Internet: wabusa.com  Telnet: bbs.wabusa.com
--- timEd/386 1.10.y2k+
 * Origin:  INA:fidonet.wabusa.com, IBN  (1:3634/15)
SEEN-BY: 3/0 633/267 640/954 712/0 620 848 953
@PATH: 3634/15 12 123/500 261/38 712/848 633/267