FidoNet Echomail Archive
c_echo

From: Robert Lewis
To: All
Date: 2005-01-26 12:55:32
Subject: [C] Rotating an array of bits for a graphic display/array transforms

From: Robert Lewis <robert.lewis{at}shaw.ca>

Hi,

I thought I would ask if there was a function or idea some one had about
how to transform a 5x7 block of bits into a rotated bit pattern. That is,
if 0 degrees is the 5x7 pattern and the pattern for the letter A is

01110
10001
10001
11111
10001
10001
10001

OR which is easier to see

-XXX-
X---X
X---X
XXXXX
X---X
X---X
X---X

Is there a function that would rotate the pattern by 1 row clockwise. This
seems almost seems like an vector-array transform; that is one vector-array
times a transforming vector-array yielding the new transformed array. I
think a block of bits 7x7 would have to be reserved for the character.

The goal being to animate the characters. I guess volumous patterns of bits
could be stored and indexed, but that doesn't seem very elegant.

So I thought I would ask for some suggestions.

Thanks

--- BBBS/LiI v4.01 Flag-5
 * Origin: Prism's_Point (1:261/38.1)