FidoNet Echomail Archive
c_echo

From: Neil Heller
To: Kkuzba{at}Centurytel.Net
Date: 2004-08-17 20:00:00
Subject: [C] PlaySound()

TO: KKUZBA{at}CENTURYTEL.NET

KK>    I was just playing around with the PlaySound() function in
KK> Windows.  It seems that you must include winmm.lib in your link
KK> list in order to make it work.  I knew that there was a library
KK> necessary for sound support, but I didn't know what it was.

That's what I consider the best part of the internet.  For some reason,
"help" from M$ do everything but.  The internet has everything - the
more technical the query the greater the chance of the answer being
correct.  Consider the following:

void    CFCData::SignalSeenEmAll()
{
    static char pSound[] = "FC_reviewed_all.wav";
    PlaySound(pSound, 0, SND_ASYNC | SND_FILENAME);
}

Those two lines of code do it!  I personally think that amazing.

The question I have is:  how does one go about making 'wav' files.

 CMPQwk 1.42 999

--- Maximus/2 3.01
 * Origin: COMM Port OS/2 juge.com 204.89.247.1 (281) 980-9671 (1:106/2000)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270
@PATH: 106/2000 633/267