FidoNet Echomail Archive
c_echo

From: Len Philpot
To: All
Date: 2005-01-26 13:08:38
Subject: RE: [C] Question about software

From: "Len Philpot" <len{at}philpot.org>

> Hey Tim...
>
> The main thing about the "Standard" version is the absence of the
> optimizing compiler.  There may also be some licensing restrictions as
> far as distributing software compiler on that version.  Basically,
> it's OK for learning, but probably not so good for distribution.

Now (or at least a few months ago when I last looked), the optimizing
compiler was available for download (free). I guess you could simply
copy/edit the various switches from the Solution properties and compile
away for a distribution release (I guess :-)

--
 Len Philpot                          ><>
 len{at}philpot.org       http://philpot.org/

--- BBBS/LiI v4.01 Flag-5
 * Origin: Prism's_Point (1:261/38.1)