FidoNet Echomail Archive
c_echo

From: andrew clarke
To: Alan Ianson
Date: 2006-06-27 16:22:48
Subject: How to learn c

Sat 2006-06-17 16:08, Alan Ianson (1:153/757) wrote to All:

 AI> How would a person go about learning to program in c?

 AI> I have never done any programming and don't plan to change the world
 AI> or anything, I'd just like to learn it as a hobby. Anyone know where
 AI> I can read up on and possibly get some small example code to help me
 AI> get underway.

Not wanting to start a flame war here, and by all means learn C (I like
C!), but I tend to think C++ is a better choice for someone new to
programming.  Or ideally, Python.

http://www.rudbek.com/books.html has a list of good C++ books.

http://www.python.org/doc/ for Python tutorials, references, etc.

-- mail{at}ozzmosis.com

--- timEd/FreeBSD 1.11.b2
 * Origin: Blizzard of Ozz, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (3:633/267)
SEEN-BY: 633/267 270
@PATH: 633/267