FidoNet Echomail Archive
aust_c_here

From: Paul Edwards
To: All
Date: 1997-03-10 20:06:02
Subject: new products!

 * Crossposted in area PUBLIC_DOMAIN, ZONE3_SYSOP, NET_DEV, OS2PROG, BINKLEY,
                       AUST_C_HERE

                       ANNOUNCEMENT!
                       -------------

A swag of new versions of products is now available for FREQ from 3:711/934.

Tobruk 0.50 now supports routing of netmail, remapping of names to points,
multiple addresses and probably more (I've forgotten).

OZPD9703 contains some new utilities, one of which is "polyarc", which will
put PKTs into the binkley outbound, for use with Tobruk.

BTPE403 now supports zones > 4095, in a way compatible with existing software.
This version contains executables for MSDOS + OS/2, so is larger than normal.

PDCOMM 2.00 now supports Amigados, Unix and Windows/NT

RSEND 1.20 has had a bug fix, plus supports Amigados, and probably also
  Unix + Windows/NT (I just haven't tried it).

I no longer have access to the "PDOMAIN" TIC area, so the stuff
is not being
hatched.  I am unable to make this stuff available for FTP since my ISP took
away anonymous FTP.  So you have to FREQ the stuff from 3:711/934, using the
magic names shown below in the "blurb".  The chances are that
this stuff will
migrate to 1:106/2000 or ftp.juge.com, one way or another, over time.

BFN.  Paul.

This file contains a blurb on some of the products that I (Paul
Edwards) have released.  The latest versions of the files can all
be FREQed from 3:711/934{at}fidonet by the magic name shown on the left,
e.g. "TOBRUK" to get Tobruk.  Each of these products represents
many many man-days/weeks/months of work.

TOBRUK - a Fidonet mailprocessor

- completely public domain!
- comes with complete C source code!
- C code is very portable!
- Has been compiled on OS/2 32-bit, MSDOS 16-bit, AmigaDOS and Unix!
- Capable of processing messages up to 2 gig in length, even if
  it only has a 20k buffer to work with!
- Writes to both *.MSG and Squish messagebases.
- Tests on MY config (all passthrough echos to service points)
  indicate that it is 4 times faster than Squish 1.11!
- Code compiles with virtually no warnings whatsoever!
- About 200k in size.

MSGED - a Fidonet message editor

- completely public domain!
- comes with complete C source code!
- Has been compiled on OS/2 32-bit and DOS 16-bit!
- OS/2 version is able to handle message areas with over 100,000
  messages in them!
- Message size limited only by available memory!
- Writes to both *.MSG and Squish messagebases.
- Code compiles with virtually no warnings whatsoever!
- Distinct separation of the user text from fido control lines!
- About 500k in size.

BTPE - a Fidonet front-end mailer

- freeware (except for large-scale commercial use).
- comes with complete C source code!
- Has been compiled on OS/2 32-bit and DOS 16-bit!
- Has ability to log every incoming and outgoing character!
- Has ability to log line conditions after connect!
- Logs messages in the log down to 1/100 second!
- Handles zones > 4095!
- Based on Binkley 2.60!
- About 400k in size.

OZPD - a collection of public domain source code snippets

- completely public domain!
- mostly written in C!
- mostly portable!
- mostly useful (I use them, anyway)!
- about 100k in size.

PDCRC - public domain CRC routines

- completely public domain!
- comes with complete C source code!
- includes CRC-16, CRC-CCITT, CRC-Xmodem and CRC-32!
- includes a tutorial!
- also comes with a small utility to do all CRCs on a file.
- about 30k in size.

PDPCLIB - public domain C runtime library for OS/2

- completely public domain!
- comes with complete C source code!
- works with CSET, Watcom, Gnu and Borland!
- up to 4 times as fast as the vendor-supplied runtime library!
- about 120k in size.

PDCOMM - public domain comms routines

- completely public domain!
- comes with complete C source code!
- works for DOS, OS/2, Amigados, Unix and Windows/NT!
- about 40k in size.

PDPZM - public domain zmodem routines

- completely public domain!
- *portable* C source code!
- no gotos!
- a hell of a lot more readable than you-know-what!
- about 15k in size.

DDC - Devil Dialer (FREQ program) written in C

- completely public domain!
- contains DOS + OS/2 executables!
- about 50k in size.

RSEND - Front-end mailer suitable for points + others

- completely public domain!
- contains DOS + OS/2 executables!
- with makefile, should work on DOS, OS/2, Windows/NT, Amigados and Unix!
- about 70k in size
@EOT:

---
 * Origin: X (3:711/934.9)