FidoNet Echomail Archive
aftershock

From: Janis Kracht
To: Robert Wolfe
Date: 2014-09-03 23:44:50
Subject: Re: Rudi is gone

Hi Robert,

>-> hope there's interest in someone else picking up the job of Moderator.  Now
>-> the software was buggy, then there's no point I guess?  I've never used it
> -> don't know .... anyone?

> The only issue I have with it is that it will not let me add
> WILDCAT!_SUPPORT since it has the special characters in the name, and
> from what I can tell, the developer isn't going to release an update
> that will fix that issue.

Just thinking about that issue from a programming perspective... I can't
imagine someone would limit a field to only alphas for essentially a
"name field". Digits should also of course be included, and so
you'd expect other chars, certainly if one consulted a list of echos on the
backbone. A string is a string is a string which is what I'd be looking at
for a "name" field.

Now maybe WILDCAT!_SUPPORT is too long.. 16 chars... do you have anyway to
check to see what it's storing for the area names? Eight chars are classic,
but....

Do you have any other areas on your tablet that are that long?

Just thinking...

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
 * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
SEEN-BY: 123/500 633/0 267 280 281 402 408
@PATH: 261/38 123/500 633/280 267